A 2002 study in the Journal of Applied Animal Welfare Science that examined adoption rates over nine months in a California pound found that black cats were about half as likely to be adopted as tabby cats and two-thirds less likely than white cats. But for cats in general, the odds are not good: of the approximately 3,000 cats of all colors offered for adoption during that time, only around 600, or 20 percent, found homes. Those remaining were euthanized.
Black cats often get overlooked, help us find homes for all our black cats, AniMeals has many black kitties that have been passed on by . . . Read below for some great reasons to adopt a kitty just like Bo.
10. You’ll save $$ on their Halloween costumes.
9. You can always find them in the snow.
8. Holding a black cat is very slimming.
7. Black cats will match any decor.
6. A lint brush isn’t required for a black-tie affair.
5. When you love a black cat, luck is on your side.
4. Black cats are like onyx, a beautiful gem.
3. Hey, they don’t care what color you are!
2. Love knows no color.
And the number one reason to adopt a black cat…
1. They are the least likely to be adopted.